Thursday, September 18, 2008

Panic! at Wall Street

WOW!

John Mayer here.

What a fucked up week for anyone that plays high stakes Lotto, formerly known as Wall Street. Now we've all been watching the news very closely and the Market is in shambles. There's a whole bunch of information being thrown at you and you're left wondering, "what the hell does this all mean?"

Well I hate to be the barer of bad news; it means everyone that told their kids to stop "wasting their lives playing their garage band" and to "go to school and get a good job and learn business" was full of shit. I mean in my pre-RockGod days I was told the same thing. "John, stay in college. Learn a skill like business management. Math, numbers, charts, stop using a Mac. When are you going to grow up and use Windows."

Please. Could you even try to picture JM working a cubicle? Blasphemy!

I'm a true rebel. I didn't "play it safe," I played the friggin' guitar. They said go to school and I said I was done with all the bullshit teachers who couldn't cut it chasing their dreams. Everyone looked to Wall Street as the epitomy of a "safe job" a "chance of making a decent life" for themselves and their families. They flocked to their Ivy League Schools and their stiff suit halls of American Corporation... now they can all flock to the unemployment line.

Rock on you rebels. Those that chased the dream, keep running and piss on all the pencil pushers and their punch-clock promise.

Peace Out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's sad but it's true - we all went to school trying to achieve the american dream - and it now seems we have all lived long enough to see the dream become a nightmare.